Tuesday, April 22, 2008

NY round-up

Here are some scattered moments from our trip:


The first view of the NY skyline from the cab from JFK Airport and the delightful combination of laxatives and rubcream at Duane Reede.

Me outside one of many spiritual homes the Brill Building and Owen and I and our
best new friend Tara the Radio City Rockette who pestered us for a photograph when we did the Radio City Music Hall tour.

On the Friday we went to see Owen's favourite singer Buffy Saint-Marie at the Highline Ballroom down on W. 16th Street. She was great showcasing songs from her new cd due out in the summer and - much to my relief - not only did we get a front row table but she came out so Owen could get his photo of the two of them from the Canada trip signed. I had been worried she might not come out and O would be disappointed which simply wouldn't do. Here I am with Buffy and yes... I do look a bit relieved that the evening had been a success all round!

Here is the lovely lobby of the Algonquin and also me walking up 5th (as opposed to Walking Down Madison)


One day I will stop taking pictures of the same things in NY - Times Square, the ice rink in Rockefeller Plaza, Central Park and the cityscape from high up... but I like this one from early evening at the Top Of The Rock and here is me in the room also on the TOTR where lights follow the movements of people as they walk around it.

From our last day when the lowering clouds matched our moods, my obligatory Bathesda Fountain photograph and a view of the park from Fort Belvedere. Oh and my obligatory photograph of the Central Park ice rink

2 comments:

Owen said...

Pah! Dwane Reed. That's all I've got to say after he murdered the Art Cafe!

Gareth said...

I suspect that I will have much of the same photos after I've returned.