Thursday, May 18, 2006

One shouldn't laugh I know but...

A couple are to become the first lesbians to divorce - just two months after tying the knot.

Liz King, 40, and 36-year-old Daphne Ligthart were among the UK's first homosexual couples to seal their union. They registered their partnership in Ashford, Kent, on February 11 under the Civil Partnership Act.

However, it emerged that the couple are splitting up and now face the prospect of dividing their joint assets.

Ms Ligthart told The Sun: "Liz told me she didn't love me anymore, that she hadn't done so for years. I was absolutely flabbergasted. I asked her why she had gone through the wedding and she said it was to make me happy. But it was all her idea."
However, within a month Ms Ligthart said she became aware that Ms King was acting "different". She said: "Liz is into athletics and is a triathlete. She began spending a lot of time training with another girl at her athletics club."

No mention of who gets custody of the k.d. lang cds and the TIPPING THE VELVET dvd.

2 comments:

redhairedqueer said...

Oh wow! Psychic blogging!

chrisv said...

Spook 2 Da Max!

I can happily say I howled like a drain when I read that story.

How like so many straight couples... "Why did you marry me?" "Well, I thought it would make you happy".

Amazing that Liz didn't treat Daphne (Daphne???) with a surprise trip to the fertility clinic. Now THAT would have made her happy!