Tuesday, May 02, 2006

DAY TWO

After a nice breakfast buffet in the open-air restaurant it was time for Owen to get serious - there was a beach to make full use of. First off we sat around in the reception waiting for Rosario the Kuoni rep - she turned up 30 minutes late *sigh* more Mexican timekeeping! We booked for a few excursions later in the week.

As usual, no matter where the beach, I was unable to just lie there and just - well - tan. O can do it very easily, just tunes out and soaks it up. I dunno... I just get a bit fidgety. Still there was Michael Redgrave to get into - not the first man to say that - and go for the occasional wave-jumping in the Carribean sea. Yes... little old me in the Caribbean sea. Like, woww!


Eventually though one has to have a break so in the late afternoon I wandered back to our little thatched cottage and swung the rest of the day away in my hammock! Later on we had dinner at La Adela on Fifth Avenue. The most delicious calamari! I thought it was time to be a bit more colourful so wore my Tom Tom Club t-shirt!



DAY THREE

Needless to say my brief exposure to the sun caused me to scratch like buggery! So today was spent either a-swingin' on my 'amoock on the veranda or walking around the lovely hotel grounds all the time birds singing heartily, butterflies chasing each other making little clicking noises, the warm sunshine capped by a blue sky.


After walking the length of Fifth Avenue down to the pier to find out the time and cost of a trip to Cozumel on the ferry we stopped off for dinner at Ula-Gula continuing our trend for eating on the first floor so we can watch the parade of people go by! By far my favourite restaurant on this trip - it was cool, laid-back and the food was to die for! I had a starter of a Del Rios salad which was truly lush and then had a chicken teriyaki which was delicious. Even the bathroom was fun with a pebble-incrusted sink. Mas swank!

No comments: