Friday, May 26, 2006

Everything's Coming Up Retro!

Off to The Retro for the first time since God was a boy for the What's In Your Record Bag? night. After mulling over various combinations of tracks I plumped on a set based around Broadway show tunes... oh yes, say it loud "We're here, we're queer, we're singing out Louise!"

I was quite pleased hearing my tracks played loud.. "Dreamgirls" from DREAMGIRLS, Angela Lansbury singing "Everything's Coming Up Roses" from GYPSY, "Welcome To The 60s" from HAIRSPRAY, "Luck Be A Lady" sung by Ian Charleson from the 1982 National Theatre production of GUYS AND DOLLS and Chita Rivera singing "All That Jazz" from the original Broadway production of CHICAGO.

There were heaps that I road-tested but the ones selected had the bouncy heft needed to be heard over the chattering arses. I garnered some polite mitt-pounding but by far the biggest ovary was for O's 1974 set.

No comments: