Friday, August 26, 2005

THANK GOD THAT'S OVER!

For the past two days I have been like a giant in New York.. seeing my face reflected in the shiny towers surrounding me wherever I looked.

As I type 224 cd singles are currently on a cyber tressle-table on the information superhighway for the world to look at, pick up, flip over, look again at the cover and then put down in the wrong place.
Yes this week there was a 5p listings day on eBay! And despite 3 months since the last one, was I prepared? Was I bog-roll. Ergo me surrounded by towers of cd singles racing against time to get them photographed and downloaded, then listed and described on Turbo Lister all so they can be uploaded to eBay at the press of a button this evening.

But how easy is the act of 'letting go'? For someone who agrees with Mrs. Woolf that the past does not stay behind but scampers along beside you, how difficult is it to rid oneself of cds I was once happy to spend The Pounds Sterling on. Noel Coward was right when he pointed out the potency of cheap music.

As I was looking at the covers I had Proustian remembrances of past crimes. Parties, good and bad times, memories of streets walked on as I listened to it on a tape then a cd walkman. To say nothing of the ones that were inexorably linked to those exs that I call my mistakes.

How difficult is it to rid myself of these songs from the soundtrack of my life? Very easy thanks to Owen's old cd burner! So step up to the eBay Bring N Buy store, find the Boomboomsheboomboom booth and don't forget your cold hard cash. I'll even throw in a memory or two.

You lucky people.

No comments: