Sunday, February 22, 2009

Well as I had such a piss poor year of going to the filums I am next to useless in predicting any of the Academy Awards - so how's about my Top 5 previous winners?

Best Actor
I have seen 51 out of the 81 winners so this is a tough job. Not
surprisingly four are for acting at it's most showiest! In alphabetical order...
Marlon Brando (The Godfather)
Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood)
Robert De Niro (Raging Bull)
Anthony Hopkins (The Silence of The Lambs)
Paul Scofield (A Man For All Seasons)

Best Actress
Ah now better numbers here... I have seen 58 out of the 81 winners so much tougher... in alphabetical order
Jodie Foster (The Silence of The Lambs)
Vivien Leigh (Gone With The Wind)
Vivien Leigh (A Streetcar Named Desire)
Liza Minnelli (Cabaret)
Elizabeth Taylor (Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?)

Best Supporting Actor
I have seen 45 out of the 72 winners so in alphabetical order...
Joel Grey (Cabaret)
Martin Landau (Ed Wood)
Joe Pesci (Good Fellas)
George Sanders (All About Eve)
Kevin Spacey (The Usual Suspects)

Best Supporting Actress
... and out of 72 winners I have seen 54, in alphabetical order:
Ingred Bergman (Murder on the Orient Express)
Hattie McDaniel (Gone With The Wind)
Tatum O'Neal (Paper Moon)
Vanessa Redgrave (Julia)
Maggie Smith (California Suite)


No comments: