Sunday, August 31, 2008

So my big news is I left my job of nearly four months on Friday.

A commute of 90 minutes to and from Borehamwood, Hertfordshire was just not doable anymore. The
annoying thing, Constant Reader, is that on paper and Transport For London website it is.

But in practice it equates to:
2 buses = 90+ mins

2 BR trains & 1 tube train = 90+ minutes


What with the travel, the stress that it provokes and my desk-bound job I have felt sluggish, depleted and under-par and this has been reflected in my diabetic assessments so it's probably for the best that I leave now and stop putting it off.


Now I realise this is not the best time to look for a new job but I am hoping for an 'out time' of a less tha
n a month like in April. I bloody hope so anyway.

So below we have my final arrival at Elstree & Borehamwood Station, the view across the shopping park to the business centre (you're all sad you don't work there now eh?), my last Cappuccino from Cafe Nerro - no Polish girl knowingly not employed - and me taking my leave at 5:30pm of the Kinetic Business Centre.

Gizza job?

No comments: