Saturday, December 13, 2008

No.

No. No. No.

No.

I have just heard the X Factor winner's first single will be a cover of fucking HALLELUJAH by bloody Leonard Cohen.

The first time I heard that song I thought "Oh that's a nice song, stately and kinda profound".

I went off it when it became alternative music's "My Way" - a prime example of a song being used to give 'depth' rather than for any particular artistic reason. Yes I might be a bit of an out-there performer... but I can do uplifting too.

Now like some musical AIDS its everwhere... primarily on ads and tv trails to signal "This is a weepie... people, you will blub till you plotz!"

And now it will be the synthetic sound of Simon Cowell's cynical cash-cow and even worse, will no doubt be a shoe-in for the Christmas Number One... oh yes... I can hear the full choir coming in on the major key change.

Hate.
Hate.
Hate.

No comments: