Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A who's that of the royal family...

I am proud to say I have watched no television at all this Christmas.

I now realise Madonna might have a point in not letting Rocco or Lourdes watch tv... m'Ma is watching some quite frightening load of cock called WHATEVER LOVE IS on ITV (the clue to it being shite is in the channel) I had hoped we were over the tv-drama-based-on-the-life-of-the-royals after the genius that was DIANA: A TRIBUTE TO THE PEOPLE'S PRINCESS.
 

This scream-out-loud tv movie was knocked off a few hours after Diana herself and is on my Amazon dvd rental list - I must see this forelock-tuggin', poe-faced, laff fest again if only for the scene where Diana meets Mother Theresa - played by an actress about 6 foot tall!!!

Anyways... what's good for the Diana faction is good for the Camilla pack... WLI tells the story of love among the ruling arses when a Chris Barrie lookalike playing Charles falls for the Rubenesque lovely playing Camilla. No horse-faced biddy here oh no. Anyways it all leads up to the Chris Barrie lookalike being introduced to Lord and Lady Spencer's girl Diana, played by an actress who looks like a young Victoria Wood. I sat staring at this though latticed fingers until a scene when the Chris Barrie lookalike lead a new hoity-toity lady friend up to an actress who looked not unlike Charlotte Church. saying "I would like you to meet my sister Anne" - it was then, Constant Reader, that I smashed the television in.

How strange that the Director, Producer and Casting director who were no doubt so keen to do this piece of ermin-lined shite were not familiar with what the actual royals look like.

No comments: