Saturday, June 13, 2015

My Last.fm Top 30 Female Singers Q&A

...and now for some serious diva time... 

1. How did I get into Madonna?   By opening my rebel heart...

2. What was the first song I ever heard by Dusty Springfield?  I ONLY WANT TO BE WITH YOU

3. How many albums by Barbara Cook do I own?   16 (not counting the cast recordings)

4. What is my favourite song by Kirsty MacColl?   THEY DON'T KNOW

5. What is my favourite album by Mary J. Blige?   GROWING PAINS

6. Is there a song by Aretha Franklin that makes me happy?   YOU SEND ME

7. What was the first song I ever heard by Carole King?   IT MIGHT AS WELL RAIN UNTIL SEPTEMBER

8. What is a good memory I have involving Beverley Knight?   Bumping into her on Great Marlborough Street in the early 00s and telling her how much I loved her music

9. Is there a song by Marianne Faithfull that makes you happy?   Um... SOMETHING BETTER maybe

10. How many times have I see Chris Clark live?   Twice, and I count myself very lucky as she's a shy soul

11. What is the first song I ever heard by Lulu?   SHOUT

12. How many albums by Brenda Holloway do I own?   Three, all compilations (and all signed!)

13.Do I have a good memory involving Bessie Smith?   Hearing there was going to be a 10 cd series of all her recordings

14. Have I ever seen Barbra Streisand live?   Yes, once at Wembley Arena.

15. What is a good memory involving Amanda Palmer? Seeing her a few days ago and getting a big hug and kiss

16. How did I get into Peggy Lee?   Through LADY AND THE TRAMP

17. What is my favourite album by Cher?   My VERY BEST OF double compilation

18. What is my favourite song by Angie Stone?   I AIN'T HEARIN' U.

19. What is the first song I ever heard by Grace Jones?   LA VIE EN ROSE

20. What is my favourite album by Diana Ross?   I'M STILL WAITING (SURRENDER in the US)

21. What is my favourite song by Bjork?   BIG TIME SENSUALITY.

22. How did I get into Shelby Lynne?   Through the reviews for the album I AM SHELBY LYNNE

23. How many times did I see Tammi Terrell live?   Never, wipes tear away...

24. What is my favourite album by Alicia Keys?   THE DIARY OF ALICIA KEYS

25. What was the first song I ever heard by Laura Nyro?   WEDDING BELL BLUES

26. What is my favourite song by Mary Wells?   YOU LOST THE SWEETEST BOY

27. What is my favourite song by Bernadette Peters?   FAITHLESS LOVE.

28. Is there a song by Buffy Sainte-Marie that makes you happy?   INDIAN COWBOY AT THE RODEO

29. What is my favourite album by Sinéad O'Connor?   THROW DOWN YOUR ARMS

30. How many albums do I own by Dinah Washington?  4 cds

No comments: