Saturday, September 01, 2007

So it's all over then.
Big Brother 8 has amiably left the building with Brian showing again that Britain's educational losses are definitely Endemol and Channel Four's gain.

So in the weeks that have droned by I have been given to thinking: could I cobble together a Top 10 Favourite BB housemates from series 3-8? Well yes I can and here they are....

In tenth place Saskia (2005). Yes I know she was damned for pairing up with Maxwell but before that I really liked her 'reading' the other female housemates including the frightful hag Makosi. End of. Speaking of which her and Maxwell are history too. Ninth, another housemate who didn't make it to the last week, Victor (2004). A bit of a villain but he gave good nomination and anyone who took on the vile Marco and Emma earns snaps from me.

Eighth is another early evictee Alison (2002), a fine big lump of a girl who famously moaned in her thick Brummy accent "I'm guutted" when asked how she felt about being evicted.
Seventh is Nadia (2004). She's here for her emotional response to winning as opposed to any of her annoying shenanigans in the house.

Sixth is Liam (2007), he kept popping up on my list while compiling this. He was a bit of a shit to the two women that came within his orbit but on the whole he was a witty and entertaining housemate who, had he not been voted by the fellow housemates to receive the shock £100,000 prize early on, I suspect might have made it past the winning post. Fifth is the magnificent Charley (2007), a total nightmare to live with but damn she was the one who made it watchable. When she was voted out the show never recovered.

Fourth is Jonny (2002), the entertaining Geordie fireman survived a few evictions to be a deserving runner-up to....

Third is Kate (2002), BB3 was the first one I watched all the way through and Kate although she has now morphed into that scary thing, a celeb dj, was the worthy winner of the show. I think I even blubbed!


Second is Richard (2006), the housemate the housemates tried their damnedest to evict - never seeming to understand after the first few that it was pointless as the public were not going to vote him out. The King of nominations.... "She's like genital warts, she just doesn't seem to go away!"

The winner? It's got to be Aisleyne (2006), despite everything that Endemol put her through and threw at her, the blonde Ghetto Princess took it all on board and evolved from a stereotypical blinged-up 'model' into a genuinely involving personality and rightly finished as the most popular female housemate that year.


Don't get me started on my most hated...

3 comments:

redhairedqueer said...

Aw! What about lovely Dan from Nadia year? I'd like to be his friend.

I can't believe you liked Saskia - ick!

chrisv said...

She had big funbags and said "End of". I would make her head of the International Bank for that.

Dan did make my shortlist...

Gareth said...

Does a likeness for pink guarantee entry to the most hated?