Sunday, June 10, 2007

Owenwatch:

Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons and necking in the parlours... he's out!

I got a call from himself around 10:30 this morning - obviously not THAT well to remember I am monosyllabic till at least 3pm on a Sunday - to let me know that the physio was happy with his walking to let him go home.


After an interminable wait for a taxi we arrived back in Streatham after 3pm.

It's good to have Owen back where he belongs.

I will of course be drinking both the flutes of fizz... well, he's on so much medication....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very happy news. There have been candlelit vigils at the foot of the statue of Christ the Redeemer here in Rio...

Enjoy your convalescence, Owen - and I hope that you are being waited on hand and foot by his Lordship!

~T said...

Why are you so interesting to me?

Owen said...

I'm sure I could manage a small glass of champagne...

Unknown said...

And I'm sure that's JUST what the doctor ordered!

chrisv said...

Actually Guido he was promised same by his physio.

On taxpayer's money too, as The Daily Mail would no doubt add.

Owen said...

It wasn't the physio, silly, (what do they know about champagne?) it was the anaesthetist!

... and I do have a small bottle as part of my leaving pressie when I left my job a few weeks back (and it's remarkably un-opened).