Sunday, February 26, 2006

Oh Gawd... I tried, I really tried.

I told myself that by doing it I would bring myself down to the level of the great unwashed. That strange amorphous lump of grey people, no doubt bedecked in their best Elizabeth Duke jewelry and pret-a-porter off-the-market-stall tracksuits who one need never worry about voting in a general election as they will be too busy voting in one of the many celebrity challenge shows.

You know the ones I mean.. take a newsreader, weather-forcaster, a smattering of tv presenters, soapy actors etc. and turn them into dancers, roller-skaters, abortionists etc. when paired with a professional in that field.

Well, Constant Reader, I tried... I really tried. But I am only a poor weak man. And I have had a very poor week. I have found myself watching
JUST THE TWO OF US on BBC1.

I hasten to add I was only watching it as one of the professionals is Beverley Knight, my favourite r'n'b singer. Bev is a singer of rare passion and soul... but sadly has an agent that books her into more primetime tv than is strictly neccessary. And to make things worse she is paired with Nicky Campbell, someone who I usually would happily walk a mile in tight shoes to avoid.

Of course now I am finding myself not only watching.. but caring what happens to them.

In the process I have to also watch gurning Vernon Kaye and slack-boobed wife Tess Daly.

Beverley better give me some serious grooving when I see her at Shepherds Bush Empire in May - I have a reputation to repair.

2 comments:

Owen said...

Oh yes, Tess appears to have large and very pendulous breasticles and no idea of what to wear...

Mind you, the whole clothing thing on that show seems odd - oranges and lime greens and strangely cut suits and frocks ... Or is that meant to rock'n'roll these days?

Don't worry, Bev is obviously in a class of her own (and doesn't need to be patronised by Lulu about her singing).

Gareth said...

I've actually found my self fancying Curtis Stigers which is a worrying turn of events.