Friday, March 16, 2007

Last night I did the WHO'S IN YOUR RECORD BAG for the first time in a squillion years... so long in fact that there has been a regime change and Rob is no longer Mein Host.
Anyhoo Owen and I got there at 7.30pm and the place was Heaving with punter. Apart from a few bar-hangers I didn't know anyone out of the suits, girlies and straight couples. Go figure. Indeed it was so jammed that Mein Host couldn't keep a place for Don - who of course showed 3 minutes later.

I had been totally stumped as to a setlist until Owen suggested why not 5 tracks by MY Supremes - Jean Terrell, Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong. Why not I thought? I picked their 5 best remembered songs UP THE LADDER TO THE ROOF, STONED LOVE, NATHAN JONES, FLOY JOY and AUTOMATICALLY SUNSHINE and they sounded great booming out over the endless chatter.

It started badly though... Mein Host started telling me the right-hand cd tray had been playing up - just as I put my first cd in. Needless to say after 15 seconds of Jean Terrell hiccupping through the opening verse to UP THE LADDER... I switched to the next track. That Leston woman needs to upgrade and NOW...

No comments: