Saturday, January 13, 2007

I have been that knackered since Thursday I have been remiss in posting about the extravaganza that was Bearlesque at the Vauxhalla Taverna.

This was the third time I had seen Freddy's troupe there and this
time they had the run of the whole show. The place was crowded - I wonder what Nathan who runs the regular Thurday evening Vauxhallville felt - and the beary lads had a rousing reception. I must say that I had my usual last-minute thoughts about going... yes I am getting old... but it was a fun night in the company of O, Lady Miss Coates, Poor Posh Paul and Don (who had forgotten to take his unimpressed medication before he came out) and college friend.

Yes their material was over-stretched to fit the time-slot and a little more rehearsal time would definately not go amiss - not all vaudeville should be Amateur Hour in Dixie - but they invariably leave one feeling hugely entertained and transported into their parallel bear universe. I must say watching Freddy command the stage and work the audience filled me with a fraternal glow... I burped the bitch after all.

So here are a few snatched shots of Bears Fred, Luke (who needs some proper plumes for his fandance... that pigeon must was well-rid of those ratty feathers), Justin (like a fat Tim Curry... oh...) and Ben in all their overripe glory:
























3 comments:

Owen said...

That was a very fun night out but I *still* didn't get a piccy of the 'splashdance' sequence - my camera died on me. I did get a blackmail-quality pic of Lady Miss Right Nasty, however...

redhairedqueer said...

There's 200 quid in used notes in a brown paper bag by that lamp post on Streatham High Street. Now leave me alone, you swine.

Anonymous said...

somehow I feel I'm being goaded here, and I won't rise to the bait.