Friday, April 07, 2006

To the Retro tonight for What's In Your Record Bag? I had been putting together a set in my mind which seemed great while in there, but it didn't seem to translate aurally! 5 minutes before Showtime I reversed the playing order and that seemed a bit better:


  • DIANA KING - Shy Guy
  • TLC - Girl Talk
  • ME'SHELL NDEGE'OCELLO - If That's Your Boyfriend (He Wasn't Last Night)
  • POINTER SISTERS - Dare Me
  • PRINCE - Black Sweat

All tracks I had wanted to hear loud 'n' proud playing in the Retro and while Owen and Don bigged it up - and Rob was delighted to hear the Diana King track again - I'm still not sure. Owen did a very well-received 1973 set, Don played 5 Mariachi tracks to speed us on our journey to Mexico and Gerald did his usual eclectic mix (no Stephen or Dawn tonight). I will agree that the Morrissey track off the new album sounded good played loud. Still cannot warm to the album tho'.

Maybe I'll feel a bit more secure in my choices next time round...

No comments: