Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Just finished watching THE WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERMODELS on Five...

One of my vices is programmes about the history of the supermodel. I cannot get enough of the same old stories! Jean Shrimpton was a breath of fresh air, Twiggy was a breath of fresh air, Lauren Hutton was a breath of fresh air, Cindy Crawford was a breath of fresh air... and Naomi is a bit of a nightmare!

However my outrage was provoked by the outrageous placing of Linda Evangelista at only #8. I mean..... 8??? The woman who coined one of the defining quotes of the age with "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day"? An outrage I tell you. A bit of revisionism is obviously at work I reckon.

Although this quote was mulled over on the programme not a mention was made of her classic whinge from the 1995 film documentary (and camp classic) about Isaac Mizrahi UNZIPPED when she said to him "Isaac, why do you always give me the flat shoes and you always give Naomi the high heels? Every single time! Do you have something against white women?"

I can't be arsed to hunt out the video that UNZIPPED is on...  I shall off to Amazon or Play.Com International to order it!

No comments: